- 1 lb. fresh or frozen whole wheat cheese ravioli.
- 1 large clove garlic, minced.
- 1/2 TSP kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 3 TBSP red-wine vinegar
- 1 TSP Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 6 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup shaved Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil Cook ravioli until tender, 7-9 minutes or according to package.
- Meanwhile, mash garlic and salt into a paste with the side of a chef’s knife or back of spoon. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic paste and shallots and cook, stirring often, until just starting to brown, 2-3 minutes. Stir in vinegar, mustard and pepper; remove from the heat.
- Drain the ravioli well. Place in a large bowl and toss with the arugula and the dressing. Serve sprinkled with the cheese.
Per serving: 413 calories; 24g fat (8g sat, 11g mono); 57mg cholesterol; 34g carbohydrates; 16g protein; 2g fiber; 585mg sodium; 156mg potassium.
Bonus: Calcium (25% daily value), Vitamin A (19% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 3 fat
Provided by Kendall Taylor of the Valley Schools Employee Benefits Trust (VSEBT) in their November 2015 Wellstyles Monthly Newsletter.